Drill hall of the 2nd Guards foot regiment
The building constructed around 1827/1828 by Conrad Martin Hampel according to a sketch by Karl Friedrich Schinkel was part of the barracks of the 2nd Guards foot regiment, which was destroyed during World War II. The drill hall came into existence in accordance with a decree of Frederick William III.
It was used for military purposes for decades. In 1897, the first German automobile exhibition took place here.
The single-story building originally had fifteen arches, but now only has three of them, as the building was only partly rebuilt after its destruction in World War II. It was used later by the Deutsche Theater (a theatre) as a rehearsal stage.